The tanks weighed nearly 40,000 lbs each, and required multiple excavators to be removed. Once removed, we completely decontaminated and recycled the double walled steel USTs, remediated contaminated soil and groundwater, and backfilled the excavated area with a combination of pea gravel and onsite borrow soils.
The former underground tank area is now clean and ready for restoration as open greenspace.
- Excavation and removal of (3) 30,000 gallon USTs
- Complete decontamination of each UST for recycling
- USTs weighed 40,000 lbs each, totaling 120,000 lbs of steel
- Caterpillar 345B, 328D, and 315 Shear were used to remove each tank
- Excavated area was backfilled with pea gravel & on-site borrow soils
- This project was completed safely without incident and on time.