RW Collins is committed to hiring talented individuals in the environmental construction industry. We are proud to have many second, third and even fourth generation employees. RW Collins Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The dispatcher/operations manager is responsible for the scheduling and dispatching of all operators, laborers, trucks, subcontractors and vendors on a daily basis. Must have the ability to evaluate personnel and equipment needs for all jobs and allocate resources accordingly. He/she must give instructions to field crews regarding daily assignments and project-specific tasks. This position must understand project needs and budgets based on proposals and teamwork with the sales/estimating team. In addition, he/she must discuss and plan equipment repairs with mechanics. This position is also responsible for tracking of OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER & all certifications for our employees. Finally, this individual is responsible for the management of shop & yard, including all mechanics and personnel in the shop.
- Determine the best fit for each project-machine/personnel based on skill set and availability
- Give out daily instructions to drivers/employees as needed
- Timekeeping- gather all hours from crews & individuals
- Plan equipment moves and secure permits for overweight/over-width moves, state, county & local entities
- Notify JULIE/DIGGER for all relevant job sites
- Ensure all project needs are met- order trucks, stone and miscellaneous job site materials. Schedule subcontractors and distribute manifests as needed
- Purchase fuel and material for company yard
- Coordinate internal availability with Office of the State Fire Marshal schedule for tank projects
- Understand staff needed to accomplish goals, select and hire new employees and assign responsibilities to the entire staff
- Assist with staffing decisions of field personnel, solicit feedback from field supervisors and project managers to determine employee strengths
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience required
- Strong knowledge of Chicagoland geography
- Experience with special requirements of environmental excavation
- Able to enforce discipline and rules among employees
- Must understand the seasonality of work and communicate this to field employees
- Requires strong customer service skills (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving
Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Multitasking capabilities in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Technical skills- must be comfortable with Microsoft Office and able to learn company software
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing customer and project needs on a constant basis
- Implement performance evaluations for field personnel
- Work with IT to use dispatching software to maximize resource efficiency
- Develop a strategy to increase project profitability
- Interested applicants must submit a resume/CV online for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and on weekends with short notice as required.
- Must be 18 years or greater.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL.